Monday, August 6, 2007

A Bittersweet Goodbye

I leave for Uganda tomorrow. After years of contemplating this decision and a year of applying, interviewing, and medical clearance I finally get to leave. Finally! Why the Peace Corps? I have wanted to go to the Peace Corps or something like it for quite sometime. Peace Corps in particular will provide me with a medium to do the kind of work I truly want to do. I am excited about this life-changing opportunity. I won't be the same after this experience. However, I will greatly miss my family and friends. I am thankful to have such a great support system in NC. But, now I am blessed again with a great supportive training class. My fellow PCT's (Peace Corps Trainees) are GREAT! Check out some of their sites at the bottom of my page. I know the next few months will be great with these people. I have had my moments of doubt, frustration (packing), sadness, and fear (of frogs). But, I know I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST! So these apprehensions have no place with me. Our intensive cultural and job training begins this week and ends in October, so this will be my last blog for sometime. During this training I will not have a cell phone and very limited access to the internet. If I do have internet access I will check my email and this blog page for comments. So please make a comment. You don't have to log in, just put your name in the text of the comment and then I will know who you are. Please keep me and my fellow PCT's in your prayers. I am signing off for now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's great to see the update. Thanks for taking a second to put together this blog. I miss you much already, but I'm crazy excited for you!!! You go girl and stay safe. Love and God bless,

Shelese

Anonymous said...

So they're still with that crap? You will 100% have a cell phone in country. I get a call from my family every week. While your site may not have Internet, the closest major town will have it (for me it's a 40 minute walk until my college buys the internet). Whenever you visit the Peace Corps office you will even have free, fast internet. Even Luwero (training site) has an internet cafe. Do not expect Uganda to be how you envision it right now. It's a pretty modern country.

Chris Cramer
Bishop Willis Core PTC
Iganga, Uganda

Anonymous said...

BLESSED THE LORD RENEE

I AM ASSURED OF YOUR GOING BECAUSE IT IS GOD TAHT MADE UGANDA AND THE PEOPLE THERE IN IT.
SO I PRAISE HIM FOR THOSE HE WILL ASSIGN TO TAKE CARE OF YOU AS HE ASSIGNS PEOPLE THAT YOU BE CARING FOR. TAKE CONTINUAL PRAISE BREAKS AND GOD IS INHABITING THOSE PRAISES. SEE YA BACK OF HERE IN A LITTLE WHILE. JADA SAYS HELLO AND SHE WISHES YOU THE BEST.

bertgolf said...

Great job
It was great hearing from you today.
Joyce said hello and she loves you. We are proud of you and all that you are doing. will call when you get the phone setup.
Blessing and we love you
Dad and Joyce

Joyce J said...

Sorry I didn't get a chance to say "See you later." Much was going on with my Mom." Peace, love, and blessings coming your way from me and Marquita. I know you will have the time of your life. Experience everything Uganda has to offer! (even the frogs!) Uganda is going to be blessed with your presence. They will be experiencing a wonderful, patient, caring, God-filled, truly beautiful person inside and out. Take care and we love you! Until we see you again.........Toodles
Joyce and Marquita

Anonymous said...

Hey, my favorite cousin in the world. My bebe's and I are going to keep you in our prayers and I will see ya back in 2009. Have fun and seriously, I wish I had the same desires and drive as you do Renee. Love you very much and Prestique and Jacobs III say "Hey aunt Na".

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up. I thank God for you . . . and encouraging notes like what Chris posted on the 7th!! Thanks, Chris for letting us know that she will have some type of modern amenities one way or another. I'll keep the emails coming and I'm looking forward to October or November or December when the journal gets back to me. ;)

later, luv.

Bene' said...

HEY REAN,
I AM HOPE THIS FIND YOU WELL AND IN GOOD SPIRITS. I AM HAPPY FOR YOU AND I HOPE THAT YOU FIND HAPPINESS AND PEACE WITH ALL YOUR UPCOMING ENDEAVORS. CONTINUE TO STAY BLESSED....LOVE AN OLD FRIEND...DA BEAN