Monday, July 16, 2007

My first BLOG here in the states

Okay, for the most part I am not a writer, but I will do my best to keep people abreast to my whereabouts and upcoming news with Peace Corps. I am starting this blog after finding out that several current volunteers are using this same tool to connect with family and friends. Consistency and quality is heavily dependant on the location of their service. So, in short- I am starting this blogspot hoping I can use it and finish it. This by no means will take the place of good old fashioned letter writing. And I still would love any type of care packages!!! So, after all that has been said...

As of right now I am still leaving August 5, 2007. I go to Philadephia for 2 days for training. I will be a Community Health Volunteer. I will be working for the Uganda Ministry of Health with their Community Well-Being and Positive Living Program. I am not too sure of what my day-to-day jobs will be. I could do a number of things. Some include designing fun and inventive programs with youth to promote HIV/AIDS prevention, volunteering at an orphanage, assisting communities identify resources, training trainers, teaching English and writing skills to adults, setting up sports camps, promoting well-being for PLWAs- the list is endless!

I am excited about this new chapter in my life!
I am very thankful to all of you for being supportive in this new plan that God has for my life. Don't forget to pray for me- I will need it!! More updates to come. For right now, check out my links and pics. Soon these links will help you get a glimpse into life in Uganda, until then- they can show you what I have been doing on the west coast for the past 3 weeks. Can we say relocation??? Hmmm....

8 comments:

Kristasphere said...

Hey Renee! Love your blog. Congrats on your assignment in the motherland. Visit my blog 'The Kristasphere' http://kristasphere.blogspot.com

I added you to my Technorati favorites list. Peace. K

Anonymous said...

Howdy there, here's hoping you get stationed in the southwest. It's very pretty there and there are a lot of good people there.

Writing out loud said...

Renee!

It's great that you're starting a blog! I look forward to meeting you in 2 weeks.

Lisandro

Anonymous said...

WILL MY BABY IS A WORLD TRAVELER.
iM NOT SURE HOW THIS WORKS.
BUT YOU ME I'LL TRY!!!!!
LOVE DAD

Anonymous said...

Mulembe. Kodh'eyo.

The food that we eat in the "motherland" tends to consist of either matooke and beans or posho and beans. Some people in our group also got to eat a delicacy known as white ants. Millet bread and sweet potatoes are also very popular. For some reason spices and flavour are not so popular. The spice they use most is known as chumbi a.k.a salt.

Have a nice trip from Raleigh. Go to the Angus Barn and order the largest steak and enjoy it because the meat here has the taste and texture of shoe leather.

Weraba. Enjoy Philly.

Caitlin said...

Renee! Great to see your blog. I am going to link yours to mine is that okay? I look forward to meeting you in just a few days!

Ms. C. Chavis said...

Hi Renee, It's me Ms. Clara, just want to say hello and that I have not forgotten you. I'm so proud for you. How are you? I know that you are doing what the Lord has planned for you, you are a very strong young lady to venture out to another life style. Keep God in your life and all things will be added unto you, may God be with you until we talk again. Love Ms. Clara

Anonymous said...

kahlenberg jogeshwari verbs epidemics denotes abusive urgently lest instigate thailands lobbying
lolikneri havaqatsu